by Nik Godshall
Listen here: The Lord is in His Holy Temple
Gen 1:26-27 …man and woman He created them…
Dominion: unique purpose in creation
Gender identity: male and female
1. The human body is as important as the human soul. You were not born to the wrong body.
Gender confusion is the devils assault on God’s self-expression
2. Biblically, sexual purity only exists in 2 settings
– married couples by being faithful to God and each other
Sexual purity is emotional and physically
-Singles are pure by not engaging in sexual activity before marriage with themselves or others
Philippians 4:8 fantasies are not pure
1 Cor 6:9-20
3. Every Christian must live out the cleansing they’ve received
4. Sexual sin always overpowers the person indulging in it
– since we united with God, our sexual encounter should also be holy
5. Victory over sexual sin comes knowing your body’s purpose
– v. 19-20
– God fights for our body even when it cannot fight for itself.
Human suffering does not entitle us to sin. It doesn’t change who God is.
Our bodies are for the Lord. They are His temple and He is in His temple.
Sanctuary by John Thompson
Jesus, Jesus precious Jesus